Q: Who can I contact if I have a question or concern, but don't know who to call?
A: Katy Lowe Schneider, is available as a resource to help answer your questions or direct you to the appropriate person to address the issue. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 812-866-6840.
Q: Who should I call on campus if I have an 'after-hours' emergency and I need to reach my child on campus?
A: You may contact Campus Safety after-hours, seven days a week at 812-866-7999 if you have an emergency.
Q: Where do I find housing, dining, computer and health services information?
A: See First-Year Website (requires login).
Q: Is there an organization for Hanover parents?
A: The Hanover College Parents’ Association is comprised of parents of Hanover College students. You are considered a member simply by having a student attending the college in good standing. The Parents' Board is the executive body of the Hanover Parents' Association. This appointed group provides leadership in volunteer, social, advisory and fundraising events/programs. The mission statement reads:
The Hanover Parents' Association promotes communication among parents, students, administrators, faculty and alumni; to support and assist in campus events and projects designed to improve the quality of the college experience; and to partner with the college in recruitment of prospective students and fund-raising efforts.
Q: Are there ways I can be involved with Hanover as a parent?
- BE ENGAGED – Attend Hanover events in your area and on campus as often as you can! Hanover has a lot going on throughout the year on campus, from theater productions, choral performances, to a host of athletic events.
- BE A RECRUITER – Word of mouth is still one of the best ways to let people know about Hanover, and the good things you say in your community and to your friends are helpful to us! The Office of Admission often hosts recruiting events around the country and you may wish to attend one. For more information about being involved in recruiting Hanover students, please contact Admissions at email@example.com.
- BE INVOLVED IN CAREER SERVICES – You can hire our graduates! Hanover prides itself on the network of alumni, parents and friends who are critical in helping our students find employment and internships. Offering job shadowing opportunities, providing informational interviews, or coming to campus to speak about your career are additional ways you can help. For more information on how to be involved, contact the Career Center at 812-866-7127.
- PROMOTE – Show your spirit everywhere you go by wearing Hanover gear, parent buttons, and if you live in the state of Indiana, by purchasing a Hanover College License Plate through the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (hanover.edu/plate) . If you are not in Indiana, you can display a Hanover College license plate holder available for sale in the Hanover College Bookstore.
- BE LOYAL – As a parent you can make a statement about loyalty just as a large percentage of our alumni do each year by giving to the Hanover Fund. Giving demonstrates confidence in Hanover, no matter what size the gift. Hanover is deeply grateful for this extra investment and the level of commitment that it demonstrates. Thank you for participating in this long-standing tradition. For more information regarding giving, go to hanover.edu/giving.
- SUPPORT THE PARENTS' ENDOWMENT FUND – This endowment, established by the Parents' Association, supports Hanover sophomores, juniors or seniors who are looking for funds to help finance a spring-term project or activity that goes 'above and beyond' the scope of any normal coursework. Students have the opportunity to submit a proposal to apply for funding provided through the Parents' Association Spring Term Experience Endowment. You can support this worthwhile program by purchasing Hanover College Cat's Meow replicas (wooden replicas of campus buildings and landmarks). For more information about the replicas or to download an order form, go to: hanover.edu/parents/parentsassociation/merchandise.
Q: How can I stay current with what is happening at Hanover?
A: Visit campus, check this website and submit your email address to begin receiving Hanover's electronic communications, which include the latest news and happenings at the college.