This year, approximately 1.8 million students were awarded bachelor's degrees nationwide. How can you stand out? Graduate better prepared.
Real-world preparation: have you proven yourself off-campus while in college? The majority of Hanover students can say that.
See for yourself: browse recent graduates on Hire Hanoverians, our virtual resume service.
- 100% of students from the Business Scholars Program (BSP) completed a paid, project-based internship for academic credit
- 61% of 2016 graduates studied off-campus for an entire semester or spring term; 55% studied abroad
- Hanover seniors reported engaging in significantly more high impact practices than students at other schools including: Research with Faculty; Study Abroad; Internships; & Culminating Senior Experience; additionally, an exceptionally high proportion of students reported engaging in more than one of these high impact practices
Return on Investment
Great job, first-choice grad placement, good salary; how do you define success? Look at how our grads stack up.
Employed after graduation
- Hanover's "Career Outcomes" (i.e., student either employed or continuing their education 7 months after graduation) for 2019 graduates was 99.5%; this places Hanover at the 98 percentile among colleges nation-wide
- 74% of 2019 graduates were employed within 7 months (90% of them in full-time positions); 24% of graduates were pursuing continuing education
- 100% of education students pass Core Licensure Exam
- 99% of recent education students are employed or in graduate school within 6 months of graduation
- Hanover students as a whole performed well compared to other institutions nationally on the Major Field Test of the Educational Testing Service (ETS) in the following areas: Biology - 87% percentile; Economics - 75% percentile; and Psychology - 93% percentile (averaged over past three years).
Graduate on time
- Hanover's four-year guarantee ensures timely graduation, or your fifth year is tuition free
- 96% of our graduates finish in four years or less without summer school (229 graduates from the 2011 cohort, and 9 of them took five or six years, and one took seven years)
- Average annual salary of Hanover graduates 5 years after graduation is $42,500, which is $8,400 more than students from other undergraduate institutions. In addition, 67% of Hanover students earn more immediately than individuals aged 25-34 who only have a high school diploma.
Successful grad school placement and honors
- 7% of 2019 graduates immediately pursued doctoral level degrees (including Ph.D., M.D., Psy.D., D.O. & J.D.)
- 28 students' applications for nationally competitive scholarships were successful. These include Fulbright, Gilman, Leadership Alliance, Amgen, DAAD-RISE, the JET Programme, the Peace Corps as well as National Science Foundation funded Research Experiences for Undergraduates.
Quality of experience
Would our grads choose Hanover again?
Hanover seniors reported better experiences on average than seniors at other liberal arts colleges in the following areas:
- Student Faculty Interaction
- Reflective and Integrative Learning
- Collaborative Learning
- Discussions with Diverse Others
An alumni survey of graduates 10 years out also reported:
- Good Teaching & High-Quality Interactions with Faculty: 4.46 / 5
- Challenging Assignments & High Faculty Expectations: 4.29 / 5
- Growth on Intellectual Outcomes: 3.56 / 4
- Satisfaction with Institution: 4.77 / 5
All of these averages are moderately to largely higher than the average of the other 80 liberal arts colleges that participated in the survey.
Source: 2019 Higher Education Data Sharing Consortium (HEDS) Alumni Survey (alumni who graduated from Hanover 10 years ago)
|Career Outcomes||Full-time Employment||Part-Time Employment||Employment||Continuing Education||Seeking Career Options|
|Great Lakes Schools||89.7%||61.7%||4.8%||66.5%||20.6%||10.2%|
|Baccalaureate A&S Schools||91.3%||62.3%||5.8%||68.1%||18.9%||8.4%|
|Very Small Schools||91.4%||64.7%||7.2%||72.0%||16.7%||8.5%|
|All Schools Participating||85.7%||58.7%||4.8%||63.5%||19.2%||14.1%|
At Hanover, we don’t think anything should hold you back from going where you want to go to school, or where you want to go in life. Especially money. That’s why we offer three different types of aid packages to 98% of our students.
Learn more about financial aid.
Hanover's career preparation matched with a solid liberal arts approach helps our grads find immediate success. Ninety-eight percent find employment or enter grad school in the first seven months following graduation.
Find your major.