Join us for Homecoming 2018 on October 5 & 6!
Homecoming 2018 will celebrate the classes of 1953, 1958, 1963, 1968, 1973, 1978, 1983, 1988, 1993, 1998, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Homecoming is a festive time for the College to welcome back its alumni – young and old, near and far – and to celebrate its current student body. During this celebratory time, we invite all alumni, students and the entire community to join us in a host of fun activities. There’s something for everyone!
REGISTRATION is open
Do you need a tailgating spot for Homecoming? Starting Monday, September 24, you can reserve a tailgate spot by contacting John Johns at firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, you can purchase a spot on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday, October 6.
Our online Hanover Community gives you private access to the online alumni directory, allows you to update your alumni profile, and allows you to give back to the college even easier. Don't forget to visit Our Hanover Community often for up-to-date information on the Alumni Association and the College, learn about upcoming alumni events and keep your information current.
FACEBOOK - Are you a member?
Join nearly 2,000 alumni on the Hanover College Facebook Page. This page was created for HC alumni, family and friends to connect with one another and stay informed about programs, activities and news of interest and value to the Panther Family.
General Homecoming & reunion information
- See the full Homecoming Weekend Schedule HERE
- For more detailed information on your reunion, please click your class year
- Registration is OPEN
The Golden Panther Reunion for the following classes:
- Class of 1953 - Reunion Hosts: John R. Smith and Bud King. (A private gathering will be held from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. prior to the Golden Panther Reunion - Alumni Lounge/Employee Dining Room).
- Class of 1958 - 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Reunion gathering in the Alumni Lounge/Employee Dining Room located in the Campus Center.
- Class of 1963 - 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Reunion gathering in the Alumni Lounge/Employee Dining Room located in the Campus Center.
25 year, 40 year and 50 year Milestone Reunions will be held for the following classes:
- Class of 1968 (50 Year Reunion) - Reserved seating at Hanoverfest Tent and private dinner gathering on October 6.
- Class of 1978 (40 Year Reunion) - Reunion Host: Mary Burch Ratliff. Reserved seating at Hanoverfest tent and private dinner gathering on October 6
- Class of 1993 (25 Year Reunion) - Private tent in tailgate lot. Look for reunion banner.
The following classes will have their reunion in the tailgate lot during Hanoverfest:
- Class of 1973 - Reunion gathering in the tailgate lot inside the Hanoverfest tent. Look for reserved seating.
- Class of 1983 - Reunion Hosts: Patricia Wyche Calore and Jill Philbrick Keefe. Private gathering will be near the old ticket booth near the visitor stadium.
- Class of 1988 - Reunion gathering in the tailgate lot inside the Hanoverfest tent. Look for reserved seating.
- Class of 1998 - Reunion Hosts: Elisabeth McCandless Edwards and Dawn Doup-Pandit. Private tent in the tailgate lot. Look for reunion banner.
- Class of 2003 - Reunion Hosts: John Pollom and Kati Knight Tuttle. Reserved seating inside the Hanoverfest tent. Gather at the Shoebox after the game.
- Class of 2008 - Reunion Hosts: Becca Prather and Chris Walsh. Reserved seating inside the Hanoverfest tent.
- Class of 2013 - Reunion Host: Rachel Slade Sharpe and Devon Sharpe. Private tent in the tailgate lot near the Hanoverfest tent. Look for reunion banner.
hotel information for Homecoming weekend
The following hotels have been contacted and rooms have been blocked for Hanover College alumni. When making reservations, please mention Hanover College Alumni to get your discounted rate! Please note the 'release date' of each hotel below. The 'release date' is when the rooms will be opened back up to the general public and no discount rates will be available.
- 2nd Street Carriage House
$155.00 + tax
- 2nd Street Inn
$165.00 + tax
- Best Way Inn
$80.60 + tax
Release Date: September 5, 2018
- Clifty Inn
No discounted prices at this time
- Super 8
$100 + tax (no discounted rates available)
- Hillside Inn
$89-$199 + tax (options are: deluxe queen, single queen or double queen rooms)
Release Date: September 5, 2018
- Holiday Inn Express
No discounted rates at this time
- Riverboat Inn
$115 + tax
- Comfort Inn
- For a list of other options, please go to visitmadison.org
Milestone reunions vs reunion gatherings
Milestone Reunions (25 year, 40 year and 50 year) and the Golden Panther Reunion (55, 60 and 65 year classes) will be fully managed by the office of alumni relations. All other classes will have pre-set arrangements in the tailgate lot during Hanoverfest. If you would like something different, we need a reunion host for your class. In order for your reunion to be well attended, we need YOUR help by volunteering to be a reunion host and to help get the word out.
We encourage you to submit/update your information and email, so that you can stay informed. Please visit http://our.hanover.edu and register as a New User under the Create Your Profile tab or log in if you've already completed the New User Registration process. There, YOU will be able to update all of your information and select what you want to keep private or share with others. Once processed, you will have full access to a private site for HC alumni only. If you have additional questions, please contact the office of alumnir relations at email@example.com or call Kim Leach, Advancement Associate, at 1-812-866-7194.
HOMECOMING 2017 WAS HELD ON oCTOBER 13 & 14
Homecoming 2017 weekend photos are available on our Flickr Account
What's the weather like in Hanover, IN.
Please contact the office of alumni relations.
Each year, the office of alumni relations looks for representatives from each reunion year to be a Reunion Host. The Class Reunion Host (or co-host) serves as the key volunteer for his/her class in preparation for their class reunion and Homecoming Weekend. The Class Reunion Host serves as the primary liaison to your class reunion committee and maintains communication with the office of alumni aelations throughout the year. Some of the specific responsibilities of the Class Reunion Host include the following:
- Organize committee members from volunteers and personal contacts within your class, if working with a committee
- Lend your name to the reunion letters sent by the Alumni Relations Office
- Generate and send personalized email and letters, with the guidance of the Alumni Relations Office, and work with committee members to do same, if working with a committee
- Communicate expectations to your committee, if working with a committee
- Communicate with classmates over the course of the year to generate enthusiasm for your reunion
- Provide guidance in class-related matters
- Suggest faculty to be a guest speaker at your reunion (for milestone reunions only)
- Plan a program agenda for your reunion, if desired. (for milestone reunions only)
- Arrive before the beginning of your reunion event(s) and greet classmates and guests
- Use of social media is encouraged
- Write a short post-Homecoming report and submit to Director of the Alumni Relations Office
- Include messaging about giving in communications with classmates
- Promote current institutional fundraising priorities (Impact Hanover Fund)
- Provide electronic signature for use in communications
- Make a gift to Hanover College in honor of your reunion
Reunion Planning Committee - Optional
The Class Reunion Committee Member supports the work of the Class Reunion Host(s) and helps to encourage attendance at your reunion and Homecoming Weekend. Specific responsibilities of the committee member include the following:
- Maintain communication with the Class Reunion Host
- Make phone calls to encourage attendance at your reunion and Homecoming
- Participate in conference calls or email communication with other committee members as needed
- Attend Homecoming Weekend