Homecoming 2019 will be on October 4, 5, & 6!
Important Notice: Jefferson County, IN is currently under burn ban due to lack of rain. If this ban is lifted before Homecoming weekend, this site will be updated. The ban prohibits the following:
- Burning of grass, crops, woodlands, marshes, or similar areas
- Burning of leaves, debris, and trash/paper
- Campfires, bonfires, and warming fires
- Open-pit cooking or charcoal grilling - Prepare now for any tailgating that you plan to hold!
- Use of fireworks or welding.
GET EXCITED - Take a look at the excitement of Hanover Homecoming!
Are you ready for a weekend of tailgating, football and being back home on campus? We are! Homecoming is a festive time for the College to welcome back its alumni - young and old, near and far - and to celebrate its current student body. During this celebratory time, we invite all alumni, students and the entire community to join us in a host of fun activities. There's always something for everyone! Stay updated by visiting our Homecoming Schedule throughout the summer.
Registration is now CLOSED - Registration deadline was Friday, September 27.
ALUMNI AND REUNION CHECK-IN LOCATIONS
- CHECK- IN WILL ONLY TAKE PLACE IN THE TAILGTE LOT FROM 11:00 A.M. TO 1:30 P.M. (reunion gatherings will last from 11am to 4pm)
- EVENING REUNION CHECK-IN WILL BE AVAILBLE AT YOUR GATHERING LOCATION
- GOLDEN PANTHER REUNION ('54, '59, & '64) WILL CHECK-IN INSIDE THE CAMPUS CENTER/ALUMNI LOUNGE AT 1:30 P.M.
THE BIG GAME and Tailgating
Make sure to cheer on the Panthers as they take on Anderson University. Game time is 1:30 p.m.
Two weeks prior to homecoming, all open spots will be sold for 25.00 per spot through an online reservation. All spots will sell out! The link will be posted on 9/23. Each spot is 14 feet wide by 22 feet deep...please be kind and stay within your area.
The Hanover College Athletic Department has now opened the registration page for tailgate spots during homecoming on Saturday, October 5. You can register for a spot at https://www.hanover.edu/athletics/men/football/tailgatingspotshome. Tailgating spots are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Any open spots on the day of homecoming will be available beginning at 8am. For special requests, contact John Jones, Associate Athletic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note that there will be areas along the road near the Hanoverfest/Reunion area that will be off limits for any type of parking due to the Hanoverfest activities. Vehicles who part in the roped off areas may be towed at the owners expense.
This area is open to all alumni, friends, and guests! Hanoverfest will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the tailgate lot again this year, with a few changes!
This year the walk up food tent will be a dedicated area for all alumni and friends to come in, grab a bite, and relax with friends. Decade tents will be available for all reunions plus the inflatables and the photo booth will make a return as well as face painting, give-a-ways, balloon animals (look for the stilt walker) and a juggling demonstration!
As an added bonus, a live band, The Men's Room featuring Professor Bill Bettler and Craig Philipp, will perform from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. It's going to be the greatest weekend on earth!
- WE ARE UNDER A BURN BAN DUE TO EXTREME DROUGHT! NO OPEN FLAMES ARE ALLOWED (no charcoal grilling)
- Animals MUST be on a leash at all times
- BYOB - cans only - No glass will be allowed in the Hanoverfest area. This location is for the safety of our student-athletes who practice on the field throughout the year.
- Decade reunion tents for the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s
- Photo Booth - free and available until 2 pm
- Inflatables - free and available for all ages until 4 pm
- Face Painting and Juggling Demonstration - free until 1:30 p.m.
- Stilt Walker will create balloon animals free and available until 1:00 p.m.
- Food Tent will offer walk-up food purchases for all guests (cash only)
stay up-to-date with our online community
All communication concerning Homecoming and other Hanover College events will be made via mail and email. If you have not updated your information with us for a while, now is your chance! You can make this update now by going to our.hanover.edu. In order to gain complete access to the 'alumni only' section of the website, please click the Create Your Profile link. You will be asked to register as a New User and once we verify your alumni status, you will have full access to the online community and be able to log in to our online community!
Our online Hanover Community gives you private access to the online alumni directory, allows you to update your alumni profile, and allows you to give back to the college even easier. If you have trouble, please contact email@example.com.
upcoming homecoming dates
- Homecoming 2020 will be held on Saturday, October 10 (Reunion gatherings for classes ending in 5s and 0s for class years 1955 to 2015)
- This will be the same weekend that Madison holds its yearly Soup, Stew, and Chili Brew - it's how the game schedule fell for 2020!
- Hotel rooms will be limited.
- Homecoming 2021 will be held on Saturday, October 2 (Reunion gatherings for classes ending 6s and 1s for class years 1956 to 2016)
*Reunion hosts are needed! What is a reunion host(s)? See the link above.
What's the weather like in Hanover, IN.
Please contact the office of alumni relations.