Reunion hosts are needed by March 20
Each year, the office of alumni relations looks for representatives from each reunion year to be a Reunion Host. The Class Reunion Host (or co-host) serves as the key volunteer for his/her class in preparation for their class reunion and Homecoming Weekend. The Class Reunion Host serves as the primary representative for each class and maintains communication with the office of alumni relations throughout the year.
All reunions will be held in the tailgate lot during Hanoverfest at no cost. Decade tents will be provided along with table, chairs, and a food tent for individual purchase. In the past, we have offered free entertainment that included inflatables, a photo booth, face painting, a live band, and face painting. The are two exceptions and that is for the Golden Panther Reunions (Classes of 1955, 1960, and 1965) as they will enjoy their reunion in the Alumni Lounge/Employee Dining Room inside the Campus Center. The other exception are the classes of 1970 (50 year reunion) and 1980 (40 year reunion). These reunions will also have a dinner reunion at a location on campus. As plans are finalized for the 2020 event, information will be posted.
*Interested in something other than what's mentioned above? Become a Reunion Host and help plan for your big day. We will work with you to keep costs low.
Some of the specific responsibilities of the Class Reunion Host include the following:
- Lend your name/signature to the reunion letters sent by the Office of Alumni Relations
- Generate and send your own personalized email and letters, if applicable. The Office of Alumni Relations will be able to provide you with a class list
- Communicate with classmates over the course of the year to generate enthusiasm for your reunion
- Suggest faculty to be a guest speaker at your reunion (if applicable)
- Plan a program agenda for your reunion, if desired (If applicable)
- Arrive before the beginning of your reunion event(s) and greet classmates and guests
- Use of social media is encouraged
- Work with Miranda Maxwell, Senior Director of Development & Constituent Engagement, on messaging about reunion giving in communications with classmates