To provide for the safety of students and guests, Hanover College limits the possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages on campus. The following guidelines are established for tailgating at athletic events. Tailgating is defined as parking and consuming food and beverages, including alcoholic beverages, outside the sports event area.
- Tailgating must occur only in the designated tailgate area, marked by flags and signs.
- Tailgating hours are 10 a.m.-7:30 p.m., all tailgating activities must be concluded by 7:30 p.m.
- Alcoholic beverages are limited to single serving non-glass containers. No common sources are permitted. Examples of common sources are kegs, beer balls or other large quantity containers.
- Serving alcohol to or consumption of alcohol by minors (those under 21 years of age) is a violation of state and federal law and college alcohol policy.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed outside the designated tailgate area.
- Alcoholic beverages cannot be taken into or from the Shoebox.
- Portable restroom facilities for tailgaters are located at either end of the parking area. Residential living units' restrooms are not to be used as public facilities.
Special Event Request Policy
Those occasions when a visiting school or alumni group requests a catered event or tent where alcohol is served or provided, those requests will be reviewed by relevant parties and granted on a case by case basis. Groups making such a request for a non-catered event will be granted designated space within the tailgate area.