A Place to Belong. A Person to Become.

The Office of the Registrar connects students and alumni with their academic lives at Hanover College by facilitating registration for classes, declaration of a major, ordering of transcripts and enrollment verification letters as well as advising services. Also, The Office of the Registrar helps verify transferring of credit from another school or program.





See Accessibility Services


The Office of the Registrar is located in the Long Administration Building, Room 104. Office hours during the academic year are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Summer office hours are 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Staff details are listed below.

Phone: (812) 866-7051
Fax: (812) 866-7054

Information about students’ privacy
Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Hanover’s FERPA policy
Academic Modifications for COVID-19


Online Ordering using a Credit Card
Order your official Hanover College transcript through the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) transcript ordering service.

This service provides several benefits and enhanced features. Transcripts can be ordered via the Web 24/7 through the National Student Clearinghouse. You can place as many orders as you like in one session using any major credit card. Your card will only be charged after your order has been completed. Order updates are available via mobile text message and will be emailed to you. You can also track your order online using your email address and order number.

The following will be required to order a transcript online:

  • A valid major credit card
  • An email account
  • Your signed consent (instructions provided on the NSC site)

Start the process of ordering an official transcript

Any hold on your account will delay delivery of a transcript; you will receive a text or email if there is a problem with your order.

No Credit Card? Order in person, by fax, or by mail
If you do not have a valid major credit card, you will need to download & print our Transcript Request Form and mail or fax it in. Electronic delivery is not an option for transcript orders not made through National Student Clearinghouse.

Mailing Address
Registrar’s Office
Hanover College
517 Ball Drive
Hanover, IN 47243

(812) 866-7054

The fee is $6 for each transcript requested and must accompany the request.

We can Express Mail a transcript at your request, for an extra fee. Charges vary depending on the destination of the transcript. Domestic Express mail charges are an additional $20 per address. International Express charges are an additional $75 per address.

A copy of the check that will be mailed as payment must accompany all faxed requests.

We will mail your transcript to the address you indicate within 5 days after receiving your request. Please note that transcript requests cannot be honored if you have an outstanding balance or other hold on your account with the College. You will be notified of any delay.


Requests for transcripts, grades or other information about you cannot be issued to an outside party unless you have given the Registrar written permission to release this information to that specific party, as allowed under The Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA). Therefore, no requests can be accepted over the telephone or via e-mail.


Contact Summer Hawkins, Registrar’s Assistant
Phone: (812) 866-7051


Courses of the type offered by Hanover College, but completed at other accredited academic institutions, may be accepted for credit at Hanover. Transfer credits are applied toward the total number of course units required for graduation and may, in some cases, be used to satisfy requirements for the liberal arts degree, major, or minor program.

The determination of the acceptability of courses for transfer to Hanover and of their suitability for satisfying liberal arts degree or major requirements is the responsibility of the Registrar and the Faculty of the College.

Students have responsibility for collecting and presenting the documentation (course records, syllabi, etc.) necessary for the Registrar and/or appropriate faculty members to make informed credit decisions.

Transfer credit will be identified on the student’s Hanover transcript with a notation designating the institution at which the credit was earned and the total number of credits transferred. Grades earned in courses transferred for credit will not be included in the calculation of any grade point averages at Hanover unless specifically authorized by the Faculty, as in the case of approved off-campus study programs.

Students currently enrolled at Hanover College who wish to receive transfer credit for courses taken at other academic institutions (e.g. in summer school programs) should secure approval from their faculty advisor and the Registrar before taking the course. Without prior approval, no assurance of transfer credit can be made.

Hanover College grants transfer credit for courses completed at other institutions under the following conditions:

  • The transferring institution must be fully accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (North Central Association) or a similar regional accrediting agency.
  • The coursework must be representative of the “Liberal Arts.” Coursework taken at other Liberal Arts Colleges or at Colleges of Arts and Sciences at Universities is generally acceptable.
  • The coursework must have received a grade of C or better, or the equivalent.

The conversion of semester hours or quarter hours to Hanover units is as follows:

  • 3, 4, or 5 semester hours course = 1 Hanover unit 
  • 2 semester hours = .5 Hanover unit 
  • 1 semester hour = .25 Hanover unit 

  • 5, 6, or 7 quarter hours course = 1 Hanover unit 
  • 4 quarter hours = .67 Hanover unit 
  • 3 quarter hours = .5 Hanover unit 
  • 2 quarter hours = .33 Hanover unit 
  • 1 quarter hour = .17 Hanover unit

Hanover College’s undergraduate credit hour policy

Courses taken at approved off-campus study programs will receive full Hanover College units of credit for satisfactory completion of work and will count toward calculation of grade point averages.


Advanced Placement courses taken in high school under the College Entrance Examination Board program will be recognized as follows:

If a student has earned a 4 or 5 in an Advanced Placement course, full credit will be given, provided the course meets relevant Hanover College prerequisite and graduation requirements.

Currently Accepted AP Credits (PDF)


Hanover College will accept dual-credit courses as elective transfer credits upon request by the student entering the college. The courses may be used to satisfy CCR/ACE requirements when deemed equivalent or suitable. The courses may also satisfy requirements within a major or minor, with departmental approval.

Taking courses at Ivy Tech? Take a look at our Course Equivalency Guide to see how those courses transfer to Hanover.


Credit is granted for courses taken on the Higher Level under the International Baccalaureate program provided that the student earns a score of 5 or above on the qualifying exam. Both credit and satisfactory completion of the equivalent Core Curriculum Requirements (CCRs) and Areas of Competency and Engagement (ACEs) requirements will be awarded.

Courses that are not equivalent to CCRs and ACEs or major courses may earn elective credit. No credit will be awarded for courses taken on the Standard level.


Hanover College will grant 1 or 2 course units (4 or 8 semester hours) for A-level Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) in a liberal arts subject on which the student has earned a grade of C or better. Students must present official results to be eligible for credit. Contact the Registrar’s Office for more information.


Hanover College has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment verifications. The National Student Clearinghouse can be contacted at:


National Student Clearinghouse
2300 Dulles Station Boulevard, Suite 300
Herndon, Virginia 20171

Registrar Staff

Steve Graves Assistant Registrar 812-866-7053

Summer Hawkins Registrar's Assistant and V.A. Certifying Official 812-866-7051