HANOVER-VALPARAISO Nursing PARTNERSHIP
Valparaiso's Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program prepares its graduates to sit for the NCLEX licensing exam. Its 97.1% 2018 pass rate puts it in the top 20% of Indiana BSN programs. A minimum of five qualified Hanover scholars will receive guaranteed acceptance into Valparaiso's ABSN each year. Accepted students will have two options to pursue the nursing degree, in which they can spend just 3 years at Hanover before applying to Valparaiso University's ABSN program, or 4 years.
Hanover applicants are granted the opportunity to apply early, by Nov. 1, to be considered for guaranteed admission for the following fall term.
For pre-nursing students who wish to attend Hanover for 3 years.
Students in this option are only required to complete three-fourths of the requirements for the Bachelor of Arts in Health & Movement Studies major, including all general education and major requirements as well as comprehensive exams. They do not need to complete the Health & Movement Studies Culminating Experience course* or eight elective units**. (Exact number of units may vary slightly.) Hanover College will waive the residency requirement for successful pre-nursing students' fourth year since they will transfer to Valparaiso that year.
- * Hanover will accept NUR 480 Professional Role Practicum as the equivalent of the Health and Movement Studies' Culminating Experience requirement.
- ** Hanover will accept transfer credits from Valparaiso to count toward our Bachelor of Arts degree upon receipt of an official transcript.
For pre-nursing students who wish to attend Hanover for 4 years.
- Students in this option will complete all requirements for any Bachelor of Arts degree at Hanover College – including all general education requirements, all major requirements, and 36 course units – by the end of Spring Term of the fourth year.
For more information on Valparaiso University's ABSN program, visit this site.
Requirements to apply to Valparaiso University A.B.S.N.:
- Transfer to Valparaiso University
- Requirements for admission:
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative grade point average
- No grade of less than C in any of the following prerequisite courses
Students preparing for either program with Valparaiso will also complete the following courses as a prerequisite for admission to the ABSN program:
|Principles of Chemistry I|
Basic Principles of Psychology
Childhood and Adolescence
HFA Fitness Activities (2 classes)
Writing 1 & 2*
Historical & Social Perspectives 1 & 2
Literary & Artistic Perspectives 1 & 2
Other Major & Gen Ed Courses
* The Hanover writing requirement is a two course "across the curriculum" requirement in which students take designated writing courses within disciplinary courses. As a result, writing courses can also count toward other requirements and are not included in unit or credit totals.