You think differently. And so do we.
We believe you should get a greater return on your investment than simply learning accounting basics, mastering the periodic table or knowing the circulatory system. Yes, those are important, but we think that education should expand your intellectual engine, tickle your emotions and give you a constructive framework to positively question the status quo. We think your education should propel you forward into action for making the world a better place.
Major Decision. Major Flexibility.
As if choosing a school isn't already daunting enough, then you have to choose a major. At Hanover, we understand that is a major decision and we don't take it lightly. And, we don't want to pigeonhole you either. That's why there is maximum flexibility built into our majors and how they work. You can even design your own major.
Art & Design
Business (Business Scholars Program)
Health & Movement Studies
Kinesiology and Integrative Physiology
Liberal arts in action
While working towards your degree, our liberal arts education provides you with the opportunity to experience a wide variety of topics. Liberal arts students develop critical thinking, problem solving and top-notch communication skills, which are the skills employers value most - even more than a specific major.
Lifelong inquiry is a guiding principle for Hanover faculty and students alike, and our faculty model this, in large part, by remaining active students of, and contributors to, their disciplines.
"Hanover is a beautiful environment, and it's a place where beautiful minds thrive. I can honestly say that I've learned a lot about myself during my undergraduate career, and I'm confident in the person I have become."
Savanna Wofford '14
At Hanover, learning is not a solitary activity - it is a cooperative venture. We have many people and resources available to help you through your educational journey. Each student works with a faculty advisor that will meet with you regularly to help you reach your ambitions.
For major, career and graduate school counseling, the Levett Career Center has a myriad of resources at your disposal, even after you graduate.
For research and study assistance, we offer our Duggan Library as well as the Gladish Center for Teaching and Learning, which offers academic tutoring, mentoring and coaching free to all Hanover students.
The Office of Experiential Learning helps bridge theory to the real world.
The Office of the Registrar facilitates class registration, transferring of credits and academic transcripts.
Find your Major
We know that choosing an academic major is an overwhelming process. That's why we made this handy quiz to help you figure out what programs at Hanover fit your interests!
- If you had a celebrity professor for class, who would you choose?
- Bill Nye the Science Guy
- Barack Obama
- J.K. Rowling
- Ellen DeGeneres
- Lin Manuel-Miranda
- What word grabs your attention?
- You are happiest when you are...
- Singing or playing music
- Sharing a story or idea
- Reading or writing
- Persuading someone in an argument
- Helping a friend through a hard time
- Diagnosing a problem and finding a solution
- Which class are you least likely to sleep through?
- Computer Science
- Band or choir
- Health or Anatomy
- Foreign Languages
- I don't sleep (at school)
- What is your ideal spring break trip?
- A trip to New York City so I can hit up some art museums and see a Broadway show
- Studying the environment in Belize
- Traversing England like Shakespeare or Jane Austen
- Climbing through national parks like the Grand Canyon
- Studying communication in Ireland
- Observing language and culture in Madrid
- When it comes to your career, you can't wait to:
- Find solutions to real world problems
- Be surrounded by interesting people
- Help others
- Challenge yourself intellectually
- You have a group project for class, what do you volunteer to manage?
- Building the slide deck or props
- Project management
- Writing the paper
- Compiling the data
- Surveying people for data
- After school, where are you most likely to be found?
- In an art studio
- Competing in a debate team
- Tutoring a classmate
- Sports practice
- Science experiments
- Rehearsing lines for a play
- Practicing your instrument
We are #hanovercollege
A culture of discovery, exploration, dedication, scholarship and service.Learn more about Hanover