Designed to give students the opportunity to participate in scientific research, the Summer Research Fellows Program emphasizes experiential learning in one or more different sub-disciplines.
Students work closely with a professor on an active research project over the summer, learning the skills necessary to be a professional scientist. The program provides a monetary award, consumables used during the research, as well as a stipend to cover the cost of room and board.
- Design and conduct lab and field studies in various disciplines
- Work directly with scientists to learn how science is done
- Develop the skills and expertise to excel in graduate school or related careers
- Learn to read and write scientifically
- Present your work at state and national scientific conferences
- Author articles in peer-reviewed publications
The Summer Research program is open to rising juniors and seniors majoring in Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry and Geology. Interested students should contact individual professors during Winter Term.
Alumni and friends make the Summer Research Fellows experience possible through annual gifts to the program. Make your gift today and support our aspiring scientists!