This year, approximately 1.8 million students were awarded bachelor’s degrees nationwide.
How can you stand out? Graduate better prepared.
Real-world preparation: have you proven yourself off-campus while in college? The majority of Hanover students can say that.
See for yourself: browse recent graduates on Hire Hanoverians, our virtual resume service.
- 62% of 2015 graduates completed an internship or engaged in student teaching
- 100% of students from the Business Scholars Program (BSP) completed a paid, project-based internship for academic credit
- 61% of 2016 graduates studied off-campus for an entire semester or spring term; 55% studied abroad
- Hanover seniors reported engaging in significantly more high impact practices than students at other schools including: Research with Faculty; Study Abroad; Internships; & Culminating Senior Experience; additionally, an exceptionally high proportion of students reported engaging in more than one of these high impact practices
Return on Investment
Great job, first-choice grad placement, good salary; low college debt; how do you define success? Look at how our grads stack up.
Employed after graduation
- Hanover’s “Career Outcomes” (i.e., student either employed or continuing their education 7 months after graduation) for 2015 graduates was 100%; this places Hanover at the 98 percentile among colleges nation-wide
- 69% of 2015 graduates were employed (60% in full-time positions, which is 87% those employed); 31% of graduates were pursuing continuing education (places Hanover in the 90th percentile compared to other schools)
- 100% of education students pass Core Licensure Exam
- 100% of recent education students are employed or in graduate school within 6 months of graduation
- Hanover students as a whole performed well compared to other institutions nationally on the Major Field Test of the Educational Testing Service (ETS) in the following areas: Biology – 87% percentile; Economics – 75% percentile; and Psychology – 93% percentile (averaged over past three years).
Less college debt than national average
- Loan default rate of 4.1% compared to 11.8% nationally
- Average Hanover College indebtedness of $28,526 compared to national average of $28,950 across both private and public colleges
- 69% 4-Year graduate rate compared to national average of 43%
- 94% of our graduates finish in four years or less without summer school (228 graduates from the 2010 cohort, and 14 of them took five or six years)
- Average annual salary of Hanover graduates 5 years after gradation is $42,500, which is $8,400 more than students from other undergraduate institutions. In addition, 67% of Hanover students earn more immediately than individuals aged 25-34 who only have a high school diploma.
Successful grad school placement and honors
- 9% of 2015 graduates immediately pursued doctoral level degrees (including Ph.D., M.D., Psy.D., D.O. & J.D.)
- 14 Hanover students have received national or international awards over the past two years including Fulbright, Goldwater, and Gilman Scholarships as well as National Science Foundation funded Research Experiences for Undergraduates
Quality of experience
Would our grads choose Hanover again?
- 95% of recent grads rated their experience at Hanover as good to excellent; 91% of recent grads said Hanover lived up to their expectations; 93% or recent grads were satisfied with their education
- 97% of BSP grads would recommend program to other students
- Hanover seniors rated their experience as significantly higher than students at other schools in the following critical areas of college engagement: Reflective & Integrative Learning; Student-Faculty Interaction; Effective Teaching Practices; Quality of Campus Interactions; Supportive Campus Environment
Comparison Between Hanover's First Destination Data and NACE National Survey Using 2015 Graduates
Seeking Career Options
Great Lakes Schools
Very Small Schools
All Schools Participating
Career Outcomes = Employment + Continuing Education
Fully Employed = Full-Time Employment + Continuing Education
Seeking Career Options = seeking employment or continuing education (i.e., unemployed)
At Hanover, we don’t think anything should hold you back from going where you want to go to school, or where you want to go in life. Especially money. That’s why we offer three different types of aid packages to 98% of our students.
Learn more about financial aid.
Hanover's career preparation matched with a solid liberal arts approach helps our grads find immediate success. Ninety-eight percent find employment or enter grad school in the first seven months following graduation.
Find your major.